TEST DRIVE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Driver Acceptance Criteria
- Driver is aged 21 to 85 inclusive with a full valid UK driving licence
applicable to the vehicle for at least 12 months.
- Driver has not accumulated more than 9 penalty points in the last 3 years,
nor been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years.
Under 21 Driver Acceptance Criteria
- Age 18 to 20 inclusive with a full valid UK driving licence held for at least 12 months.
- No LCV loans and no disqualifications or revocations.
- Cars up to £20,000 in value only.
Driver confirms that, any health condition or disability that could affect my ability to drive safely, has been notified to the DVLA, and the DVLA has authorised them to drive.
The driver gives the consent for the dealership to carry out a driving licence check and understands that should I incur any pending or new endorsements or restrictions during the period of loan, failure to inform the dealership immediately may invalidate the insurance.
Lloyd South Lakes BMW (the dealership) loans vehicles subject to the following conditions:
- The vehicle is insured on a comprehensive basis by the dealership from the time it is collected by me or delivered to me, whilst it is in my custody and control and until such time it is returned by me to the dealership or dealership representative. The driver agrees to pay the detailed insurance excess to the dealership in the event of any accidental damage, which will be refunded if recovered from a third party. You acknowledge the policy does not cover personal effects or my own personal injury, which remain at my own risk.
- You accept full responsibility for any uninsured loss or damage however such loss or damage is caused. In the event of an accident you will need to report the incident immediately to the dealership and will complete an accident report form at the dealership. Any necessary repair work will be carried out by the dealership and paid by you upon receipt of invoice.
- You accept that any motoring or traffic offences, toll or parking charges, penalties and fines arising in relation to the vehicle for the duration of the loan are my sole responsibility under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988, and/or any subsequent relevant legislation. You will indemnify the dealership forthwith for any penalties, fines, legal fees, cost, interest or other charges paid by them in relation to any such motoring or traffic offences or toll or parking charges. You hereby irrevocably agree to any such charges including an administration fee of £25+VAT being charged and for my details to be passed to the relevant third party.
- You will not drive the vehicle more than 150 miles per day unless by prior agreement. If you do you will accept a charge of £0.15+VAT per mile in excess of the agreed mileage.
- You agree the vehicle is only insured to be driven by named person(s) and will only be used for social, domestic and pleasure purposes and/or for my own business purposes excluding use for hire and reward, taxi or courier business purposes.
- You will not enter into any other agreement with any third party to further hire or loan the vehicle.
- You understand the vehicle's controls, agree not to disengage any of the passive safety features and to leave it secured at all times with the keys removed. You understand failure to do so will invalidate the insurance policy and in the event of a loss you shall become liable for the full value of the vehicle.
- You agree not to use the vehicle for track or off road purposes, and not to take the vehicle outside the UK and Eire. Towing is permitted but cover excludes damage or theft to any trailer or contents.
- You will return the vehicle at the end of the agreed loan period, or whenever requested.
- You will not smoke or allow animals in the vehicle and you will return the vehicle in a clean and serviceable condition.
- You agree that if in breach of any significant policy conditions then the dealership has a right of recovery against yourself.